Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wow - Thank God for You!!!

Today was a CRAZY day... for me anyway! I was sure we would be low on kids because many of our grown ups were plagued with illness, but apparently it was an adult-only disease. We had PLENTY of children, and while I had a few crazy moments of running around trying to get everything squared away (I was good until Travis Bentley said "I'll teach, but you have to go make sure I'm covered for serving communion... what do I know about communion? :) ) over all it was a a great morning. I don't think the kids felt any craziness and only a few of you had to put up with mine.

Anyway, all of that to say this... we will occasionally have times like that. People are sick, kids are sick, things happen. That is life. I am SO thankful that crazy, under-staffed mornings are not the norm. I have many children's ministry friends who experience this type of morning every single Sunday.

I am very thankful for each of you who are so dependable and so dedicated to serving His kids. I am grateful for your leadership team who handles so many details that I don't have to think about. God reminded me again today how blessed I am to have them! Wow - there's a lot of you to keep up with. :) So, give your director an extra hug this week and know that I praise God for each and every one of you!!! Thank you for doing what we do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To All:
On Sunday's subject of spiritual fitness, here is a good resource for daily Bible study. Moody now has the publication “Today In The Word” available in e-mail format which can forward to your smart phones. You just sign up and they e-mail you the daily lessen and a link to the referenced Bible Passage. Today's message is on waiting on God. Here is the link.

http://www.todayintheword.com/GenMoody/default.asp

Steve

Unknown said...

No Jenny... THANK YOU. You make serving with children fun and rewarding.