Friday, January 2, 2009

Choosing a Verse

I know many of you are still contemplating which verse you want to memorize or you've picked one but you're being shy to put your name out there. :)

First, let me say if you are already memorizing for Top Gun, your small group, or another Bible Study, that counts! :) Just sign up with the verse you are learning for that group.

Second, anyone can do this! You can pick the verse "Jesus wept" if you want to... let's just work together on getting God's Word into our hearts and minds. It is not too late to comment on the post below to join in.

Third, here are some resources if you need some help finding verses you want to learn:
- Consider learning the same verse as the Journey kids or something your kids are working on in Awana.
- This site has a lot of familiar verses listed: www.scripturememory.org
- If there is a topic you are really struggling with or need to be grounded in truth about, go to biblegateway.com and type in a search for that word (i.e., anger, grace, forgiveness, lonely, fear) and allow God to show you a verse that speaks to you.

I really want "lots of many" (as Kaylie would say) of our team members to get on board with this. It will be an awesome way to grow together.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Or go to Bible Gateway and just memorize the verse of the day....

“wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight! Stop doing wrong, learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow.”- Isaiah 1:16-17

J-Mo said...

Ephesians 6:19-20
Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.