Saturday, January 24, 2009

Why We Do What We Do - Awesome Story

From Denise Prince...

I just wanted to take a moment to share what happened in Awana Wednesday night. I just have to share what God was doing in my life prior to the event. I have been doing a study on The Psalms of Ascent by Beth Moore. I have made an effort to listen to praise music going to work and from work, instead of listening to the news in the morning. Wednesday morning, The song that just stood out to me was "Give me Jesus". In every situation and moment of our lives "Give me Jesus." I know how Jesus has drastically changed my life, and I want that for everyone. It was so impressed on my heart to lead someone to Jesus that day. I thought and wondered what opportunity God would give me. Well, it came at the end of the day. One of my dear students, who is new, came up to me to pass off the last section of the Start Zone. Praise the Lord for the last question. It was something like this: What does it mean to trust in Jesus? She proceeded to tell me to believe. At that time, I began to share the plan of salvation with her. She stated she had never come to a place in her life where she had placed her faith alone in Jesus and what He did for her on the cross. By this time there were several girls standing around. I didn't want her to feel pressured by the other girls, so we stepped next door. I asked her if she would like to invite Jesus into her life and place her faith alone in Him and what He did for her on the cross. She looked up at me and said "Oh Yes I would". What a blessing that God allows us to be a part of His Work. She sat there and invited Christ into her heart. I thought wow, God you always show up in such big ways, and thanks for using another young lady in the class to bring her to Awana so that she could hear Your word and come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Praise the Lord.

No comments: