Thursday, April 17, 2008

From Janna Morrison about Slime Night

I had a blast and somehow managed to escape unscathed! I have a praise report from my group that I wanted to share. This year I have a wonderful group of girls andthey are all on my heart daily. I want desperately to make sure they truly hide God's word in their hearts so they're prepared for the challenges they will surely face in life. This year Sydney had quite a time with the 23rd Psalm, as would any second grader, but she pushed through. It took three weeks for her to be able to memorize the entire Psalm in succession. When we got to the bonus question last night, they all looked at one another puzzled, when I caught Sydney's eye, I said,"You know this one." She started it and the others joined in helping one another through. When they would get to a tough part to remember, Sydney knew it and would bridge the gap to the next verse. Oh ME of little faith!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As a second grade girls teacher, I was so excited for them! To see them work together to recite God's word is beyond words. And how did Janna get away so clean? She needs to watch out on ice cream night.