Monday, April 28, 2008

Cherry's Comments from Sunday's "Bring Your Parents to Celebration"

Yesterday in Celebration a wonderful thing happened. God met the PARENTS there!
As we were singing songs, I really felt like the Lord wanted me to say why we do motions, so at announcement time, I simply said (which is remarkable for me...I like to ramble on) that we believe in the verse "Let all that is within me bless His holy name" and that the motions were made up by kids so that we could worship with all that is within us. Then we moved on with announcements and back into worship. The adults were so actively involved I was amazed. When we got to the song Inside Out, I looked out and saw one mom with tears rolling down her cheeks. You could tell she was totally touched by what the Lord was doing in Celebration. I couldn't watch her while we sang, because I would have joined her in the tears. It was beautiful to see.
I remember when Tim and I first visited Celebration in the old building.
Those were my feelings then as well. I was amazed that the Lord was doing such great things in children's worship. I was amazed that the kids took it so seriously and I was amazed that Westwood children's staff and volunteers were able to get God's message across so well. I am continually touched working with these kids. It is easy, however, to get so wrapped up in service that we forget to look and see what God is doing. (We know He is doing things, but it is nice to stop and look for a little bit.) God is so good!

I also heard another parent went down to work in preschool after Celebration and told Bruce Martin what a great experience he had had in Celebration and he was amazed at what the Lord does in children's worship. He went on and on about the worship that occured during singing time and the message that was given and how the kids responded. He said that he had no idea what to expect, but "They really had a worship service!" He said that every adult (whether they have kids or not) should experience Celebration. Wow! Once again, God is so good!

No comments: