Monday, January 7, 2008

Good to be back...

Yesterday was a great day. I really appreciate everyone's warm welcome and I especially appreciate our aweseome leadership team. I don't think our ministry missed a beat while I was gone and this is so cool.

My funny story for the day happened at 11. Frankie was teaching younger kids art and it is one of those really cool lessons that could just about kill you. The kids were making multi-colored t-shirts to go along with the story on Joseph. They were choosing words to put on their shirts. There were a ton of kids! I stepped in to lend a hand and started by helping first graders pick words and find the letters. One little boy informed me that he wanted his shirt to say "God". I diligently found a G and an O and a D and gave them to him . A few minutes later he came back with a disgusted look on his face and said, "I said I wanted 'God' not 'dog'!" Gotta love first graders.

We had 18 kids at First Steps last night! Awesome!

No comments: