Monday, January 14, 2008

A few fun comments

I met a mom of a third grader yesterday who confessed to me that they only come to Westwood when they are running late. Their church home is in Hueytown. She told me that her son always asks her why they can't just join Westwood because he loves what we do here in the Children's Ministry!

I also overheard some second grade girls chatting on their way to the restroom. One asked the other if she went to VBS last year. The other got excited and said, "Yeah, are you going this year?" What a great conversation to hear in January!

We had 192 kiddos in Celebration.

Also a big yay to all Younger Kids art teachers this month. They get the joy of painting t-shirts with the kids. It is hard, but the kids are loving it. Thank you for helping them have a memorable experience! By the way, one kid's shirt said "Roll Tide"... still trying to figure out how that fits in with the story of Joseph!

Keep up the great work!

1 comment:

Marsha said...

The VBS comment makes me very excited. Now I can tell all our directors to get excited.