Monday, February 11, 2008

From Cherry Brewer...

Tim and I missed church on Sunday due to several different circumstances.
Today, however, I went to volunteer at Meadowview in Jeremiah's class. I was out on the playground and little first grade Bailey (can't remember her last name) saw me and came running up calling, "Mrs. Cherry, Mrs. Cherry".
She said she had missed me yesterday and had seen me at lunch and hoped she'd see me outside because she had something extremely important to tell me. With this big grin she said, "I'm ready to be baptised and will be doing it on Feb. 17th. THIS COMING SUNDAY!!" I just bragged on her and told her that I was so excited for her but she wasn't finished. She said that the reason she wanted to see me was to tell me that when she made her video she wanted to thank her parents, but she told them that she really wanted to thank me too for talking to her at church. So then with a big grin she said, "So thank you Mrs. Cherry." Then she hugged me and ran off to play leaving me speachless and so blessed for seeing God move in the children at Westwood. I am so overwhelmed by the fact that He uses little old (and I feel older everyday) me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cherry, I am so glad my angel was able to touch you today. Bailey Kinsey is my daughter. She has been so excited about being baptized. I hope that everyone has the chance to experience that simple joy of knowing that you helped a Child see Jesus!